Saturday, October 17, 2009

I did IT!!

So, my goal this winter was to get back into running after taking a break to focus on my biking. Let me just say that I use to enjoy running by myself. Now I have found that not having my honey to run with is sucking all motivation. I finished my 1st 5K. I ran it in 26:58.2 Not bad considering I've only run 2x in a 4 week time frame. That's about 8:39 min/mile. It's not the time that was annoying it my heartrate. One time I'm running up this hill (I'll get back to those hills) and I look down at my GPS watch and my HR is 192. Holy Crap. Am I going to kill over and die right now? This was a new course for me. So many of the "fun" runs are done in the same general location. This one was really hilly. I haven't run any hills in a year. Lets just say it wasn't pretty. I honestly thought I might hurl at the end. Oh well for my "lets just take it easy" thinking. Now I have a 5 miler in 3 weeks. I guess I better get back outside and start pounding some pavement. I think the spouses should get "hardship" pay for not having the running partner.

1 comment:

Sparks said...

You're incredible! The only time I'll ever run that fast is if some crazed murderer with an ax is after me!

YOU ROCK!