Saturday, December 12, 2009

Nathan and Girls

Today I took Nate out to lunch for some Mom/Son time. It's a cold, rainy day and some soup and sandwiches sounded really good. We went to McCallister's and Nate was being really talkative. So I decided to broach the subject of "going out" with a girl. Oh, you should have seen that poor boys face. 3 different shades of red.

I told him I'd heard that 5th graders were "going out". He told me that was true. I asked him if HE was going out with a girl. NO, MOM!!! I'M NOT. I asked him why. He told me, "because you and Dad said I shouldn't until I was in High School". Pretty good answer, but are you interested in girls? His response, "geez mom, Girls are bosy and know-it-alls except for you...but you're not really a girl, you're a Mom.

Yeah, thanks kid. So then I ask if he's kissing girls. He gets this horrified look on his face and says "Mom, that is so gross. What if they have the swine flu or something? No, Kissing. Yuck!

That's my boy. I can't wait to talk to him again about this subject again. Like maybe after he's met his wife. I'll be sure to ask if his wife has been vaccinated properly.

2 comments:

Sparks said...

That totally cracks me up, would you save him for one of my girls?!

And just for the record...they are "going out" in Kindergarten at Stockwell. Paige has been asked multiple times but she still hates boys so it's not a problem. Apparently Madison and Cameron had their first fight last week. So I guess they are now "not my best friend" anymore! LOL

Don't you just want to lock them up until their married?

eNJay & B said...

kaye, this is good on so many levels. it's great that he thinks you're not like the other bossy girls.