Saturday, September 6, 2008

WE"RE ALIVE!!!!!

Okay so Hurricane Gustav really didn't disrupt our lives very much. They cancelled school for 3 days and work for Chris for 1.5 days. I on the other hand worked every day. Fitness facilites do not close for anything. I had stocked our fridge with extra water and food. We had propane to cook with and cash on hand. But aside from some rain and wind nothing really happened.

We were eyeing Ike but it looks like it'll miss us too. The biggest problem and I realize this isn't "PC" but the evacuees are a royal pain in the butt. They complain a lot and take my food out of the stores. You'd have to read some of the newspaper stories to get a good idea of what I'm talking about. My work is about a mile from one of the shelters and the way they trashed the area was extreme to say the least. I realize I'm not being very nice but I never said I was nice mostly just selfish. Most have headed home.

Nathan is back in school and Chris is back to work. We are enjoying a cooler day today. It was gorgeous. I was actually cold this morning on our bike ride. By the way 90 degrees is cool here in LA in September. Though this morning it was in the 60s. Sweet!!!

3 comments:

Malisa said...

Some people can never be satisfied. I hate when people can't see past any of their problems to respect others. I think you might have had it right in what you said about the next big one hitting and not evacuating, and then complaining because well absolutely none of the responsibility should fall on some people, or so they think.
Rant over!;-)

Hillary said...

I have to dito all your comments...especially the great weather (never thought I would consider 90's great weather) we have been having!!!! And to make it all better, the kids are back in school for a full week. Celebration time!

The Addams Family said...

I'm glad you guys didn't get hit too hard. I kept watching the news with the huge hurricane swirling toward Shreveport, hoping that you guys wouldn't lose power. I bet Nathan was happy to get out of school!