Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Morning

For Christmas this year we tried something new and it worked out like a charm. I have to say that this was an almost perfect Christmas. Our day went something like this.

Nate is sleeping in but Chris is too excited to stay in bed so we have to wake Nate up at 745am to open gifts from Dad, Mom, and Nate. We then have our traditional Otis breakfast of Strawberry waffles and OJ. After cleaning up from breakfast and the first round of gifts we open gifts from Santa. After this we take a couple hours off where we clean up again, I go for a run, and Chris and Nate play with their new gifts. At around 3:30pm everyone has showered and eaten lunch we then open the last batch of gifts from extended family members. This made Christmas seem like it lasted longer PLUS we really got to focus on what we got from each other.

After dinner we tried going to Narnia but the newspaper and internet had gotten the times wrong so we showed up and hour and 20 minutes early. Not wanting to wait around we decided to go another day. We came home and watched Percy Jackson which is a movie Nate had gotten for Christmas. A wonderful day.



Seahawks hat from his aunts.

His new i-pod touch. The first one didn't survive being put in the washer. I didn't do it though. I haven't done Chris nor Nate's laundry since moving here.


The Otis family on Christmas morning.

Chris had a theme for my Christmas. Scarves. I got 3. This is me showing them off. I love them all though and it's been really blustery the last few days and have worn all three.


He is such a cutie. How is it possible he's going to be 12 in a few months.


What girl doesn't want to see a large Coach box under the tree?





Seattle Sounders Sweatshirt. We have got to send this one to a game one of these days.







My brothers would be livid but Nate LOVES his Longhorn Jersey.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love your post they make me smile, you have the right idea for gift opening, only my kids are too young to survive that kind of waiting! I can't beleive we have boys turning 12 this year! where has the time gone for reals!?