Sunday, January 2, 2011

10 mile Hike?

Way too much energy BEFORE the hike.
Lunch break. It was really cold and windy. Since I was meeting them at the half way point after work (aka sweaty) I was freezing my can off.


Brandon, Nate Cardon, and Nate Otis

It actually looks pretty doesn't it. I can't say my feeling run that same way in the summer when it's 98 degrees w/ 100 % humidity and not a breath of wind. The only time the wind blows is in the winter time.





The Scouts have to do several 10 mile hikes to earn the hiking merit badge. Since there really isn't much "hiking" to be found here they walked the Clyde Fant walk way. They had it so easy. At 5 miles there's a nice park/pond where they had sandwiches and pizza brought for lunch as well as cookies and doughnuts. I don't know if I'd call it hiking but they had fun.











1 comment:

Sparks said...

Haha, hiking cajun style. I love it!