Monday, September 14, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge

We didn't even take any pictures. I have this thing with my camera and water and I was too nervous to take it out.
As our last "real" weekend before Chris deploys we decided to take a short family vacation. The original plan involved going to Arkansas for hiking, horseback riding, and BBQing but atlas. It rained. And rained. And rained some more. What do you do for fun when it's pouring outside? You go to an indoor waterpark of course.
We left Friday afternoon with the intent of eating dinner at PF Chang's. When I called for reservations for dinner I was told it'd be 8:30pm before we could get in. We decided to get dinner to go. Who want to wait that long. So, we checked into the lodge and sat down to eat in our room. It was about 8:30 by the time we got to eat. We were starving and Chicken lettuce wraps, Mongolian beef, and honeyed Chicken never tasted so good. I'm not sure if we tasted the food or just inhaled the stuff. Either way, our bellies got full.
We got to the waterpark at 9am. Opening time. The lines for the slides were only 10 minutes at their longest. Yeah!!! That's so much better then last time. I asked Nathan if he was disappointed in not going to AR. He's response, "This is SO much better". He didn't want to leave even though Chris and I were exhuasted after 6 hours of water play time.
We didn't stay another night but went to another hotel to say money. Yeah, right! I think Chris found the most expensive room -- actually it was a suite. I was okay with it when Chris and I got our own double bed to ourselves in a room with a door (Nate can't wake us up at the crack of dawn) and Nate slept in the "living" area on a pull out couch.

Nate will tell you he ALWAYS has to sleep in the bad bed but as parents. We don't care. You don't go to the Lodge for a good nights sleep as there are kids running a muck at all hours of the night/morning. Our "neighbors" got a piece of me at 12am when I went out to the hallway and "told" the girls running up and down the hall (with their parents present) to get to their rooms and go to sleep. Of course, as we were heading out of our rooms the next morning so were they. AWKWARD. Oh well, at least they SHUT-UP.
Saturay afternoon we went to Aliens in the Attic. Not an Emmy winner for sure but easy entertainment for the old parents who didn't want to do anything else. Why does chlorine water always make me so tired?
That was our weekend. I'll spare you the drama of our return trip home in the torrential rain and Chris and I not speaking to each other cause of his driving. I'll just leave it at that.

4 comments:

The Addams Family said...

You're so funny! I can only imagine what you said to those girls who were being loud outside your room at midnight!

Sparks said...

I love reading your blog posts...too funny! Glad you had a good time.

Hillary said...

What....no pictures! Okay, you are forgiven this once. Sounds like a great trip. You guys needed it!

whippetmom said...

LOL- at you and Chris not speaking...sounds like our car trips ;) Glad y'all had fun! I think we want to try that place out when Gav is a little older, and we definitely should go bowling while the guys are gone!!