Friday, August 8, 2008

Science Center

"The wind up and the pitch...." I am thinking MLB contract! We could live very nicely on his signing bonus, he can keep the rest. He really did register 30MPH on the radar gun. Kid has a cannon! Yet one more exhibit that deals with flight. This one has a control stick that lets you fly the P-51 Mustang in the wind tunnel. It climbs/descends, banks left and right. You have no airspeed control but you get to feel what it is like to fly the plane.
Nate checking out what angular momentum can do for you. The wheel is a little small, it barely moved me around when I tilted it, Nate got a little more movement out of it than I did, of course my body mass is considerably more than his 50ish pound frame.
"Check out my arms, they're HUGE!!!" The pulley exhibit let you test your upper body strenght. This one had the least amount of pulleys so you were lifting almost all of your weight on just two of the pulleys. Should have brought the work gloves for this one.
All in all, we had a great time, caught an IMAX flick, The Grand Canyon, we sat in the second row, Kaye would have been sick sitting this close to the screen. As it was my neck was killing me at the end of the 50 minutes. Nate thought it was cool though.

No comments: