Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hotel Life

Yesterday we got the house cleaned and after 5 trips to either the storage unit or the hotel we are officially moved out of our home of the last 2 years. A very sad day. We love our house, neighborhood, schools, and I love my job. Not to mention that fun trips to Europe every September. Definitely going to miss those.

This move has NOT gone smoothly. The movers left Saturday morning at 1am. It took 4 burly men over 12 hours to move only 7,000 lbs. of household goods. Those southern boys just wouldn't move. That's a really LONG time for not a lot of stuff. We had gotten rid of a couch and love seat as well as old bedroom furniture so we didn't have that much stuff.



We finally got the closing on the house done today. It was suppose to be at 11:30am but then it got pushed back to 1pm and finally at 4pm we closed. We were definitely taken to the cleaners losing over a 5 digit number of money but the house is done and we don't have to have renters or leave it empty. Either options that scared me to death.



We now get to stay at the hotel for 3 days to MOVE AGAIN to move AGAIN to then FINALLY move to Louisiana. We like to live as carpetbaggers. It makes life more adventureous.



It looks like I've got the cycling bug as well. I am going to get a road bike so Chris and I can have quality couples time sweatin' like pigs in the Louisiana heat. There's a 62 mile ride in September that I've decided to train for. It'll be good cross training for my marathons.

No comments: