Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall Fun

Pumpkin Light Night at school. So...in the holiday spirit I make this posting. Last night we went to Nate's school to see all the pumpkins the kids had decorated. Let's be honest. A lot were parent decorated but whatever. It was fun though I've been feeling under the weather (aka head cold) and mostly just wanted to go home and go to bed but that's another story. I don't know if you can tell but Nathan's is the white one w/green pipe cleaners sticking out all over the place. He helped drill holes in the pumpkin, use the hot glue gun, and everything else.
Of course you have the token "hey look we're doing something" festive pictures. Chris is the honorary pumpkin carver. Nate and I would probably cut something besides the pumpkins.

Nate and I love to clean all the "guts" out of the pumpkins. That's the best part. Nate's still a bit squimish still about getting his hands dirty but that's my fault for being so OCD about those kinds of things.


Ahhh, Fall in Louisiana. It's been so nice lately. I have to say this year October has rocked. Finally some real fall-like weather. We even had frost on our cars 2 days ago. Not to mention gas is only $2.25/gallon I feel like I'm living high on the hog. (or wild boar depending on where you live :)




4 comments:

Malisa said...

$2.25???? I am jealous. I though we were doing well at $3.20.

Hillary said...

Hurray! Pumpkin Light Night is all over...after all of that our family will not be carving Pumkin's this year! Glad you got into the holiday spirit! Great sunset. It really has been great lately...I guess Louisiana isn't that bad after all!!!!

Unknown said...

awesome, I finally found your blog

Unknown said...

Boy, the fall colors are awesome!