Saturday, September 11, 2010

We're going to do WHAT?

For some reason I decided that I would like to get back into running. It seemed like the weather was cooling down a bit and there's a half marathon in November here locally that I could run. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Chris even said he'd join me though we don't run together.

Here's what I've learned:

1. Just because I can cycle for several hours doesn't mean I can run for several hours.

2. There is going to come a point in training when you question if you have what it takes to finish your goal. I hit that big, brick wall today.

3. The weather is definitely NOT cooling down. At 7:45am this morning is was already 90+ w/heat index and not a breath of wind.

4. Watch out for dogs. Chris was bit by one today w/the owner watching and the dog on a leash. Stupid dog owner.

5. It's staying darker longer which means funky new gear to be seen by cars. Now that Nate's bus comes at 6:40am I might as well run at that time.

Here's hoping both Chris and I reach our goals and run the YMCA half marathon on November 20th.

5 comments:

Cyleste said...

His bus comes at 6:40 in the morning??? That seems insanely early for young children to be outside waiting for a bus. Of course this is coming from someone with the mindset that no one should have to be awake before 7:00am!

MG said...

Really on a lease he got bite by a dog. I would of called animal control. Good luck, it will be cool by Nov

Unknown said...

you guys are awesome, you can do it!! invest in a pedi soon, your feet deserve it! Justin wants to do the 1/2 next year in the Air Force marathon here in town, and I want to do the 10k, we are all crazy.

Sparks said...

You are awesome, and I know you can do this!!
(and my I just say thank you that there are people like you who do this so people like me don't have to!)

eNJay & B said...

nate gets picked up 6:40! holy smokes. what time does school start. w's school doesn't start until 8:40.

it sounds hot, but glad to hear you're changing it up again. i hear that's a good thing to do. of course, all i do is run (or when things are really bad, tae bo). but i hear that's a good thing to do.