Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Morning

So last night Nathan informed me that he REALLY wanted to make breakfast for Chris and I since we always do such nice things for him. I'm thinking, whatever kid. We'll see how you feel about that in the morning.
This morning I woke up to Nate in my bed informing me he was ready to cook. He made pancakes all by himself. Measured, stirred, and cooked some amazing pancakes. He was sure to let me know how to make the "perfect" pancake. Ahh, yes. The 11 year old does know it all.
It was nice to have a relaxing Sunday morning and I didn't have to cook all day. I've been informed he will make dinner tomorrow. It's suppose to be Ham, deviled eggs, and strawberries. Obviously not all together. He might be a pretty good cook afterall.
On another note. Nate found out today that the Easter bunny wasn't real. Just Dad and Mom. He tells me he's having serious doubts about Santa. He's got to know right?

5 comments:

Sparks said...

I love that Nate is 11 and is just now questioning Santa. I was so sad to hear all the kindergartners in Paige's class that no longer believe.

As we like to say "When you stop believing you start getting underwear!" LOL

Nate is welcome to come cook for us anytime, what an awesome kid you've got there!!

Malisa said...

Hooray for breakfast made by Nate! I'm glad you had a relaxing Easter. I was crazy and invited three other families over but it stopped the boys incessant "moms" for a few hours so it was good.

Hillary said...

I think we are hitting the same stage at our house...although Joshua is too young. Nathan informed me when he lost his last tooth, that I could just give him the money instead of putting it under his pillow!

eNJay & B said...

man, sorry it's been so long since i've checked your blog. but good to hear you had a good easter. nice to have a pancake breakfast. i've always loved pancakes.

that would be strange if he didn't know that santa was all a fraud, but i guess it could be possible. maybe you're just so good at playing the part that he's never doubted.

as for me, though, i never thought the easter bunny was real. i guess that could be because we never really got easter baskets. but somehow a big giant easter bunny always seemed more far-fetched than a fat man bringing me presents.

Otisfamily said...

Great, now Chris knows too!

Nate, you are cleared in hot to come visit us in Tampa next time you decided to go to Disney. Free nights stay provided you cook for Amy and the kids!