Monday, April 6, 2009

My Mother-in-Laws wonderful beef sandwiches

Something New to Try
BBQ Beef Sandwiches
2-2.5 lbs of beef brisket
-Cook in crockpot over night on low for 8 hours. Don't add any liquid.
Let cool so you can handle the meat and then shred it. Place on plate.
Add the following back into the crockpot (or large heavy duty sauce pan)
1/2 c. margarine
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2c. Ketchup
1/2c. brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
3 Tablespoons Werchestshire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash of pepper
1 and 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
Add beef BACK into pot.
Simmer together (either on the stove or the crock pot. I liked to just leave the crock pot on warm until time to eat)
Serve on Hamburger buns.
Serves 10 generously the 2.5lbs served 12 sandwiches.
This is great for the summer time when you have a large group to feed and don't want to use your oven. It's one of my new go-to recipes.
Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Thank for sharing! I can get you a recipe for alligator if you want!

The Otis Family said...

I think I'll pass on your alligator sausages. I just don't really care for swampy things.